Sunday, July 6, 2014

7/6/2014

RIDGE

Still pretty quiet on the board! Thought I"d drop in and let you know how I'm doing.

Visited CrossFit Katy while in town visiting family. Pretty cool to be around the athletes there, seeing as how they will be on TV competing at the CrossFit Games soon. They took 2nd place at regionals, and they have some studs. No one that can be mentioned in the same breath as the Froning's, Bridges, Speallers, etc. but overall great competitors. I worked out with them 3x, here are said workouts.

1RM Clean and Jerk

265# - PR!
then

3 rounds for time

4 hand stand push ups
8 power cleans
12 burpees

time was 5:20 or so

Next day

40-30-20-10

KB Swings
step ups on box with kb held goblet style
butterfly sit ups
double unders

15 and change I think? Could be way off, I forget

Then that night

Work up to heavy 3 rep front squat (about 85%), 225

ridiculous wod (This was done with the games competitors)

50 box jump overs (24")
50 c2b pull ups
50 thrusters @ 135#

15:20

Went to a marriage seminar this past weekend with Anne, great stuff. Always humbling to hear how to be a better husband. Hoping you guys are doing the same; being challenged, sharpened, and molded in to the husband God has created you to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment