AJ
@Kunkel: You are a stud. Great Godly story, great job on the granite countertops, awesome job on the workouts. Not only have you caught up to me, but without a doubt, definitely surpassed me. Probably in strength too.
@God story: Gave me the idea of wanting to go through Mark as well. I'm about to finish up John (although my consistent daily reading has been sketchy), then I'll go right into it. Awesome story. No matter how often we are reminded of our cleansing, our flood of grace that covers us, we continue to sin and fall all kinds of short. Reminds of the Derek Webb song "Awake My Soul":
When I stand on the edges of Jordan
The saints and the angels beside
When my body is healed, and the glory revealed
still I can boast only Christ.
Hope that makes sense and you can see the connection.
@Kitchen: Once you go granite, you'll wonder why it took so long to get it in the first place. Improves the value of the home, and quality of life increases as well. My favorite is taking stuff out of the oven or my big green egg and putting it right on the counter without having to worry about scuffing up anything or burning the laminate counters. Great colors too. I don't even care if it makes me sound feminine critiquing your kitchen- I have seen too much of HGTV, but owning a home now makes me appreciate your work.
@Workouts: Keep up everything. You better be signing up for the open. $20 and we can log our workouts and compete against each other. Maybe put a meal on the line? We'll visit Austin I'm sure at some point, and we can come to collect... but probably pay.
Today's workout:
3 x 12 unbroken pull ups (first pull ups I've done in months)
10-8-6-4-2
165# power cleans
bar facing burpees
6:18
My own God story:
Wife and I visited Denton Bible and got to hear the amazing Tommy Nelson speak. I wish this dude did not age, he's got such a presence in a sanctuary, its like he demands everyone to listen to him. Anyway, he spoke on "illumination" and how, essentially, the only way to hear God's word is to read the bible. Not by sitting in a room and hoping that some weird voice is overheard, or by waiting for His word to come to you - reading the scriptures is the ONLY way to hear it. Of the many good points, he said this is a Living word - in that you can read it over and over again, read the same words, but hear it differently. Other books, you know the ending, story line, everything, but not with the Scriptures.
Have a good week you guys, praying for you.
KUNKEL
2 Rounds For Time:
100 DU's
50 Push Press @ 95#
25 Toes to Rings
Time: 14:10
Last Thurs did one that I couldn't finish due to prior commitments but I liked it and recommend trying it.
"Holleyman"
30 Rounds for Time:
5 Wall Balls
3 HSPU's
225# power clean, 1 rep
My Modifications were 22 rounds, power cleans with 155#.
Time: 20:36
@Workouts, there's no way I've caught your, much less passed.
@ God Story: I like the song and it definitely makes sense.
@Reading God's word: very true. I believe that the more we read the more sinful we realize we are, in return we realize the magnitude of God's Grace understanding it more than even the day before. I really like your call out on reading the same scriptures over and over. Laura and I have been using ESV study bibles(meaning they have 3 columns: 2 with text and 1 for notes taking) and looking back at our notes comparing learnings from then to now and it is a great way to reflect on many fronts.
@Open: don't you have to use a Box to submit the scores? Plus you will kill me on the strength side of things not to mention everything else!
No comments:
Post a Comment