AJ
Back to back days at the box hasn't happened in a long time. Glad to get back in the saddle. Shoulder, still not 100%, but with the open around the corner, I'm gonna try to buck up and do what I can to help our team out, then come April we'll move on.
Yesterday's:
Back squat
5 reps at 235
3 reps at 255
3 reps at 285
3 min amrap
3,6,9, etc.
Shoulder to overhead @ 115#
toes to bar
rest 2 min
then 3 min amrap
burpee *hand release at bottom* box jumps games standard
rest 2 min
then 3 min amrap
pick up where I left off on sh2oh/t2b
All in all, 27 burpee box jumps and 108 reps
Today
weighted push ups, then ring dips
then
12 min amrap
75 power snatch @ 75#
50 wall balls
10 muscle ups
Got to 6 muscle ups. Took a solid min rest from minute 4 to minute 3 following the 50th wall ball. Then hit my head with about :20 left, and lost desire to move on for 7th rep of MU
@ God story: God is good and does provide. I wish that my excitement for CrossFit was that of sharing the message, or talking about God. Example: I hate that if I'm at the grocery store, I hear of someone talking about CrossFit, I'll want to chime in and talk to them about it. If I hear of someone talking about God or Jesus at the grocery store, meh... cool, see ya later - is what I think. And I know what the right response is and what should be going on in my head, but my sinful/selfish desires take over.
@HS students: Great job on staying active in the youth! Very exciting that it wasn't just a seasonal thing, but you've stuck it out and stayed faithful to the students- and incorporated some CrossFit into their lives as well. I'm going to assume that you've been active in youth group for more than just a few years, and with that in mind -
Has being a father changed how you view/lead being a HS bible study, youth group leader?
Just something to think about.
No comments:
Post a Comment