KUNKEL
Well I've been running and gunning myself fellas. I tell you what it is hard to balance life right now. Aside from normal responsibilities (work, Church, family), I have been trying to hit it hard with the crossfit: running technique, snatches and just overall cardio. As y'all know it takes time and I've been ok at adding a workout into the regular schedule but ontop of the WODs we have been upgrading out kitchen and of course run into speed bumps. Long story short, had great deal of problems with a granite guy with cash out there and minimal response back, so after 2 install appointments made and missed we thankfully got our money back and found a new installer tuesday and had the rock installed today! The other stressful part is that our kitchen has been barely functional as all countertops were loose, electrical outlets exposed and backspash area stripped down to the studs since 1/16. Now 1/16 is significant b/c I received an email the day before telling me to stay home on 1/16 and wait on a phone call. The phone call was to tell me whether or not I had a job after Feb 1st! Thank the Lord I will have a job, but just another crazy aspect to what's been going on.
There have been quit a few lessons learned through the ordeal:
-Leading by example carries a great deal of weight when you have a child, especially a boy. I want Caleb to be able to immitate my actions and know that I try with all my heart to act according to the way I believe the good Lord would have us act/ live. That said, even though he will more than likely never know the granite situation I dealt with, I could have handled it selfishly/ sinfully but then that is an experience I would just want to hide from my son.
-Big lesson: I am in far less control than I believe I am. I swear I sinfully act as though I can control my circumstances around me better the our heavenly father and that makes me sick.
Here's a catch up on WOD's
3 Rounds for time:
15 squat snatch with 35# db right arm
15 GHD sit ups
15 squat snatch with 25# db left arm
15 toes to rings
Time: 10:47
Overtime: 2 mile run with Caleb
6 Mile run focusing on PSE form via Brian MacKenzie 46:27
"Loredo"
6 Rounds for time:
24 squats
24 push-ups
24 walking lunge steps
run 400M
Time: 24:56
No comments:
Post a Comment