KUNKEL
Well we had a good weekend chasing the ever elusive Axis deer across the rocky terrain of Rocksprings TX with heavily wooded acres of the Baker 3 Ranch. Weather was perfect, animals were plenty, hunters were eager, arrows were in surplus and we all decided that if carbon wasn't flying nothing would be dyin! These hunts were spot and stalk only, where we essentially would either get to a high spot and search for axis and begin the stalk or we would slowly creep through the woods in search to close the gap upon a sighting. We were on the move from sun up to sun down and thankfully by the grace of God we got to spend our nights cleaning animals! I had several blown stalks, couple missed shots, couple connecting shots, sore body from crawling across the rough terrain and my feet felt like I had been walking on cobble stones for a month without shoes, and I had a blast running, creeping, crawling and ultimately harvesting this species of deer. It was quit the warm up for Elk season!
I'll have to share live some of the stories when were together, pretty fun and funny stuff!
No comments:
Post a Comment