AJ
Today's WOD
AMRAP 20 minutes
7 pull ups
7 kb swings @ 70#
7 med ball sit ups w/ 20# ball
4 power cleans @ 135#
200m run
8 full rounds, even
@Oktoberfest: Had a BLAST. You guys have got to go to a competition, if not to compete then at least to watch. Very inspiring to watch 55 yr old men and women compete to see who's fit, the vendors with the free gear, and meeting people. Lots of fun. We took 14th out of 44 teams, and got 9th, 23rd, and 23rd in each workout. The hardest part was doing math problems mid workout in the last one, getting them wrong and paying the penalty, then getting a new difficult question. In theory, the ?s weren't that hard, but it was being "mentally fit" throughout the workout that was tough. Example of a question:
3x(452-275) - 78 (x = multiply)
All in all, fun, great experience. I will post some pictures soon when they are put up on the website.
@Hamstring: Its been almost two weeks, any improvement? Range of motion getting any better?
KUNKEL
Bike Ride about 12 miles: Took it easy for 3/4 just making sure my quads were engaged and the hammy was not hurting. Felt great and I'll be riding frequently to get the legs going with minimal impact.
@competition: that's awesome! Congrats! Those problems would kill me w/o working out.
@Hammy: I let it rest for about 10 days and then I tested the waters with muscle ups, knees to elbows, pushups, HSPU's, air squats and pull ups. All felt good although I had to keep from engaging my hamstrings by keeping my knees bent. Squats were tender so that didn't last very long or deep. Over the weekend I got sick so I had to take even a few more days off. Monday night I had a PT work on my leg and the tear is in the middle of the muscle body so hopefully I can get it back to normal ASAP.
@Elk Hunt Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31n6j-Po90s&feature=youtube_gdata_player
No comments:
Post a Comment