Wednesday, November 28, 2012

11/28/2012

KUNKEL

"Nasty Girls"
3 Rounds for time of:
50 Squats
7 Muscle Ups
10 Hang Cleans with 135#

Time:  14:07
1st Round, MU's unbroken
2nd Round, MU's 6 + 1 (1 fail)
3rd Round, MU's 4 + 1 + 1 + 1 (1 fail)

Yesterday I ran 5 miles without stopping for the first time since busting the hammy.  Hammy felt pretty good, a touch sore but overall I think I just have to make sure I don't favor it too much and work that leg evenly.
5 Miles: total time- 36:58, 7:24 average split I believe

@Improving Weaknesses:  First off, I really like that this is crossfit motto.  To me there are obvious different thoughts on having balance vs. being a 1 trick pony in life from work to personal life.  On to answering the question, today I chose this WOD from the time I did it on 3/28/12 and my time was just over 41 minutes.  In that post I stated MU's were killing me and could only do 2 in a row, now I have gotten up to 11 unbroken I believe.  While I still can't say I have mastered the MU, but I have made drastic improvements.
-OHS's have grown as I can actually do them with a little weight
-KB swings I have gotten faster with using a real KB and getting the form down by not squatting so low
-Wall Balls are much faster with being able to string more together unbroken than before
-cleans are stronger but I think a great deal of that was fear of what it would feel like on my back and finally nutting up and going for it

Overall, I think all movements have gotten more efficient/ stronger with learning proper form and technique.  I really think that has gotten me to a good base to measure against moving forward so I'm looking forward to the upcoming months/ year!

@God Story:  God has shown his control today and Lance's son was born yesterday after the process accelerated quickly, Lawson was sent to the NICU for a closer watch and will continue to be monitored.  All that to say God has a perfect plan that we are to trust and always wants us to know he is in control and the minute we think he's not in control we are NOT TRUSTING HIM!

No comments:

Post a Comment