Monday, June 24, 2013

6/24/2013

KUNKEL

1500M swim, total time:  35:07
Definitely setting a new goal for a skill to master and that is not just swimming but by alternating my breathing to both sides for an entire mile. 
It's amazing how much more effecient it you are the less you come up for air.  That said today I worked on this for 1000 of the 1500 meters practicing breathing only on my left side, alternating, and even holding for every other right stroke.  My time was much faster, more exhausting but still more effecient.  I even stopped and rested for approx 40 seconds and didn't stop the clock so definitely encouraged that mastering this will help a great deal. 

1HR bike ride. 
1st time on a bike trainer and wow, much more dificult that I thought.  Even being inside the house, I sweat like a maniac and arguable more of a burn in the legs.  Excited to test out the fitting changes made on the bike. 

Saturday, I definitely spent time in the pool working on holding my breath.  I did 20 25M reps only breathing 2, sometimes 3 times for the 25M.  I rested 1 min between each rep and it took all of it for me to catch my breath. 

No comments:

Post a Comment