Monday, September 9, 2013

9/9/2013

FARRAR

Running.... Running.... and more Running

Today

Ran 40 min this morning

Saturday Long Run

Pulled back to 8 miles this week.  Flat run on the Katy trail before 5K walk for American Heart Association at the AA center.  Averaged 8:30 pace.  Miles 4-6 were 8:04 pace.  First time I have had solid markers to keep track of pace.

@Ridge: how was the heart walk for yall?  There was a ton of people

@Kunkel:  You must of got something this year since we havent heard from you in a while.  True??

RIDGE

Few WOD's to catch you guys up on

Wednesday

bench press and back squat work

10-9...2-1

ground to overhead @ 135
weighted sit ups w/ 40# DB

14 or so

cash-out: 400m barbell carry

woah. Back was awfully tight the next day

Thursday:

Shoulder press work

7min AMRAP
100 double under buy-in
7 toes to bar
7 kb swings @ 53#
8 rounds plus 5 t2b

Friday: Re-do of games wod 13.1
40 burpees
30 snatches @ 75#
30 burpees
30 snatches @ 135#
20 burpees
30 snatches @ 165#
10 burpees
max snatches @ 205#

Somehow scored a 156. Felt GREAT. No misses @ 165#. Had about 2min30 sec to do those 6 at that weight. Haven't really been monitoring my diet strictly lately, but kinda playing with what works best for me for optimal performance. Won't be upset in the slightest if my body handles PB sandwiches really well, even though its not paleo.

@POSE: Been toying with this a bit and I THINK I got it down. I met with one of our trainers and got a chance to get some film and have it broken down for me. My big thing is the lean forward - much like what you implied, Kunkel. Keeping the core engaged/tight is paramount, b/c if not, its turning into high knees and higher impact on the balls of your feet, turning into calf use. I think if I can remember to lean forward and keep the foot relaxed, then Ill be in good shape for the half.

@<3 walk: I went with the fam and decided to walk it instead. Def. had my heart set on jogging it, but by the time I heard it was time to start, there was already a kagillion people at the starting spot, all walking. Sorry we didn't get a hold of you guys sooner so we could hang out. How was TCU game?

No comments:

Post a Comment