Friday, February 21, 2014

2/21/2014

RIDGE

I know... do I ever take a day off? Well, when its time for the Open, you gotta want it. Now that basketball season is over, and that I've got one full week's worth of solid workouts under my belt, things should die down a bit so I can go all out on my workout for the open. This year, I'm committing to doing each workout only once, unless its something that's within the boundaries of doing twice without ridiculous ramifications (i.e. 7 min of burpees, etc.) First workout is a week from today. I feel like I'm in as good a shape as I can be, I just hope I can keep this up. I think next year I may do clean eating about a week leading up to the first workout, and then during the open eat clean, rather than the month leading up to it. Bread has never looked so delicious, and I know once March hits, I'm gonna need some chocolate and peanut butter dessert of some kind.

Today's workout

Front Squat Challenge

3 minute running clock

max reps @ 245 for minute 3:00-2:00 (4 points each rep)
max reps @ 225 for minute 2:00-1:00 (3 points each rep)
max reps @ 205 for minute 1:00-0:00 (2 points each rep)

6/5/7. Total of 53 points.

Rested about 5 minutes, which was not long enough. I'd say 2 days would have been a good amount of rest.

10 down to 1
thrusters @ 100#
chest to bar pull ups
then immediately following
1 up to 10
power cleans @ 100#
hand release push ups

16 minutes flat. Did the thrusters/c2b's at about 9:10, then started the second part, which was nothing short of brutal. Really really wanted to give up and quit. All thrusters, power cleans and push ups were unbroken, and pull ups rounds 8-6 were broken once at about half way point. Maybe round 9 too, but I forget. This one looks like a Kunkel workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment