Thursday, December 27, 2012

12/27/2012

KUNKEL

Well here's a catch up from the break so far, Laura and I have been working out together each day and I love it!   It's nice for us to have a little time pushing each other while Caleb is being loved on by family.

22nd: 5 Rounds for Time-
25 Inverted Burpees
25 Air Squats
25 Burpees

Time:  34:14

23rd:  Ran about 1.75 miles for me and about 4ish for Laura. 
After I did 30 MU's for time.

Now before I reveal my time, I have to say that on the drive to Weatherford Laura and I discussed goals for 2013 and we use the Dave Ramsey categories for setting goals just helps give a balanced approach to your goals.  Now for the physical goals I said I want to get 30 MU's in under 9 minutes, knowing that my fastest to date is over 13 minutes. 
Well.... Time for 30 MU's:  7:19

I was pumped!!! I think my new goal will be under 6 minutes. 

24th:  we ran for about 50 minutes and enjoyed the sun and each other's company. 

27th:  ran about 5 miles and for the second half we did intervals and had a total time around 42 minutes. 

@Being focused on things of the world like presents:  I have been very convicted lately thinking on the concept of furthering my education.  I firmly believe that the bible is easily understood in the fact that we are to always be learning and developing our relationship with God and a large portion of that comes from us knowing/ learning about God.  Then we read that we are called to excellence and well I think that means staying on top of technology, education and the sorts.  I could go on about this for a while but I'll try to keep it simple.  Historically I've always sinfully felt that once I reach a certain point in money or knowledge or age I'll have what I need and I can coast.  However, I've been learning from Godly men that I should always be stretching myself from physically to mentally by staying out of my comfort zone.  Thoughts before I try to explain further? 

No comments:

Post a Comment