Ridge
13.3
I was kind of on the fence with how to attack this. Should I go in and go as many wall balls as I can unbroken? Do I do 20 at a time? 30 at a time? 10? After talking with a few trainers at my gym, we decided on 30 at a time to see how it felt. Honestly, the first 150 reps could not have gone more smooth. I went 30-30-20-20-20-15-15, and after the first 20 I went 15 second break, I think. Done with wall balls in 6:30, and felt OK. Started feeling the burn in my legs. Then I had to knock out 90 double unders. Did 2, then had a miss. Tried my best not to let it get to me, because I feel like DUs can be just as much a mental struggle as physical. Cranked out 28 in a row, rested - which was great, because I felt like 30 was plenty and I earned a quick break. Rested for about 5-10 seconds, then back on it, cranked out 30 in a row. Feeling good, but getting reminded that I just squatted 150 times. (A few more if you count my no - reps) Did a few, missed once or twice, but got right back on it to finish 90 double unders @ 8:23- which I was stoked about. That gave me, after plenty of rest, a 3 min amrap of muscle ups. First attempt - fail. Not good. My drive wasn't there, my legs were TRASHED, and I knew I was in trouble. I rested another 15-20 seconds, and by this time, its almost 10:00 in. One missed attempt wiped me out, and then I got back in the rings for second - and nailed it. Thank God. If I didn't get that one, I would have been in serious trouble. Had probably 2 or 3 more misses in the remaining time, and was reminded to kip at the top for the dip which was an awesome reminder. Finished with 6 muscle ups for a total of 246.
Kunkel, when you do this, since you're a rock star at MUs, I'd say give yourself a solid 2 minutes left to do them. If you can pace yourself during the first 240 reps, you'll do great.
@God Story: It wasn't so much that I was worrying about financial problems, but it had just been on my mind a lot lately - how things will pan out with the purchase of a house, new car, savings, etc., but it seems like as I take my mind off of it and give it to God - its not on my mind as much and I seem to be better of because of it. I spend my time doing other things, thinking about other things, and have no big worries. Matthew 6:27 - Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life.
No comments:
Post a Comment