Wednesday, March 27, 2013

3/27/2013

Ridge

4 x 10 pull ups
4 x 9 kb swings @ 70#

then

2:00 on/ 2:00 off

200m run, with remaining time amrap hand release push ups (31)
rest
200m run, with remaining time amrap double unders (75)
rest
200m run, with remaining time amrap 1 arm russian kb swings (15/16, 35#)
rest
200m run, with remaining time amrap lunges holding kb (31)

Good workout to get ready for Saturday. I'm going to take tomorrow off and do some mobility work, stretch out whatever needs to be stretched out, then hit 13.4 hard on Saturday. May do a small workout on Friday to stay loose. Right now, in the region I'm ranked 612. At some point I'd like to crack top 300, I think that's regional, but probably won't happen for another few years. Set backs courtesy of injuries, football/basketball season, and peanut butter have more than likely dropped me back a few hundred spots. But, overall, riding the wave I'm on and still digging it!

@Kunkel's 13.3: Do your thing and let me know how it goes. Have something left in the tank for muscle ups. Really, :90 is all you need to get 10. I think, given your stamina/endurance and efficiency at muscle ups, you'll be golden with anything behind :90.

@book: A few posts back, you (Kunkel) mentioned something about brian mackenzie's book. Didn't take long for me to pick that up. Are you going to purchase Starrett's book, how to be a supple leopard? Its on to buy list soon, I know it should be hitting the shelves soon. Hopefully, those two books combined can help us stay injury free during our youth.

@God Story: Just finished up reading Mark, spent a lot of time in it. Not as much as I would like, didn't do any serious digging, just kinda read and reflected. Two cool points I gotta share.

-Jesus consistently found ways/time to get away from the crowds to have solitude, whether to heal, pray, eat, fellowship, whatever. Large crowds were the norm, as mentioned in Mark, and for him to NOT get caught up in it spoke volumes to me. I feel like I have a tendency to go go go go go go and forget about what's important - just having some time to myself. Time to myself = no lap top, no TV, no ipad, no distractions - just time to be in reminder of His glory and goodness.

-While Jesus was on the cross, before his actual death, two other men were tacked on the crosses next to him. At the time that those around them were hurling insults at him, spitting at him, etc., Mark also mentions that those on the cross were insulting Jesus also. Why I think this is cool - It wasn't mentioned in Mark but I know from other texts, when one of them finally realizes that Christ is the Messiah and Son of God, he says it, and Jesus says something to the effect of your sins are forgiven and you will be in paradise... I forget the actual words. But what was cool to me was the fact that he forgave him almost instantly. He's virtually getting murdered and he has found it in him to forgive someone who was spitting on him hours ago. I have a hard time forgiving someone when I'm not getting nailed to a cross, or getting murdered. Simply not saying "thank you" to me sometimes warrants an ugly look from me. Gosh I suck! Anyway, goes to show you how awesome scripture is and that it's a LIVING word - you can read books and stories and you know how it ends and goes, but reading God's Word always finds a way to teach and show you something new.

KUNKEL
13.3 Here it is- 245.  Here's the breakdown: 150 Wall balls at 8:28, Double under at 10:45, did 2 unbroken MU's, then 3 unbroken MU's then 3 failed attempts.  My biggest problem was the dad gum double unders.  I felt fine during the DU's and got 28 before a miss, but the wind was right at 20mph and that really hurt me.  I ended up having to jump high to account for rotating the rope through the wind slowing my rotations.  All that to say I choose to go straight to MU's without rest.  My other thought was that I again need to focus on OHS, snatch and other OLY lifts and I think those will help my Wallball speed and endurance in the legs. 
@Book:  I agree on the PSE book, I've read through the running portion and like it.  I'm gonna hit the cycling portion as the weather warms up and I get back on the bike.  I have not seen or heard of starrets but I will be on the look out. 
@God Story, Mark:  That's great that you just went through Mark.  I've been going to a mens study at our church and we're going through Mark as well.  It has been an awesome study, from the approach and content.  On Jesus always getting away that's a great observation.  One interesting part of the book was in Ch. 6 at the tail end, when Jesus fed the 5K he and the desciples were trying to get away to relax, discuss their time on mission and how they learned to trust God.  The desciples were getting frustrated as Jesus wanted them to tend to the crowd, then they attempt to get rid of them by bringing up the fact that they needed to eat dinner and Jesus's response was "you feed them".  This is pretty interesting as you stated AJ, Jesus rested and in this instance he wanted the desciples to learn to be selfless and to always take advantage of the crowds or sheep without a shepherd. 
@Mark6 at the beginning it's awesome to see on the application side that i have an easier time trusting God to cast out demons compared to trusting he will provide food for me to eat.  It's hard to trust the things we have experience with, opposed to those we have none. 

No comments:

Post a Comment