Monday, May 12, 2014

5/12/2014

RIDGE

@Kunkel: Hamilton Pool looks fun! Seems like a great time on Mother's Day for the family. 

@Europa: Out of 14 teams we got 4th. Had a blast. Another team from our gym got 2nd and took home prize money, and another team in a different division got 2nd also, with prize money. Great turn out from our gym, and I think everyone had fun. What hurt us was the first workout (bear complex + overhead squat), where 3-4 reps separated us from 2nd and 3rd place. But we were top 3-4 in the other 3 workouts. Either way, had a ton of fun and loved competing with these guys. 



KUNKEL

Dude!  Nicely done, bunch of studs right there going Beastmode!  What were the other WODs? 

1.  Warm up was 50 Hang Squat Snatches with 75#.  Really focused on my form and kept feeling better.  Also worked on Pistols, such a weakness and want to get hammies stronger.  Felt really weak with thrusters as well so gonna spend some time focusing on various squats. 
2.  5 Rounds for time of:
10 Walking Lunges with 135# in Front Rack position
10 Push Jerk with 135#
Time:  13:36
This was one of the toughest WODs I've done.  Not sure of it was the weight or the humidity outside or a combo of the both but I was hurting during this one bad.  AJ you should be able to kill this one.  I bet you could get 2 or 3 rounds without dropping the weight.  I had to drop after the lunges and once during Jerks.  My wrists were really hurting even though I had them taped.  Just a sissy boy I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment