Monday, May 19, 2014

5/19/2014

RIDGE

6 x 4 back squat @ 275

30-25-20-15-10-5
5-4-4-3-3-2 (should have been 6 down to 1 but forgot on my first two rounds. Either way adds up to 21)

Wall balls and Power cleans @ 205#

8:42

Tried for unbroken power cleans, but only got 3 on the first round then it was (an attempt at) fast singles from then on.

KUNKEL

Fellas!  things got crazy around here and by here I mean in Austin, McAllen and Atlanta presently.  Just spinning these days.  Lots of good stuff going on via conviction, motivation and of course the Holy Spirit. 

Last Thurs:  WOOD-
5 Rounds for time of:
Run 400M
10 Burpee box jumps, 24''
10 SDHP at 95#
10 thrusters at 95#

Time:  25:19  Didn't realize until afterwards you are suppose to rest 1 minute after each round.  Would have been nice. 

Friday:  had to make a day trip to McAllen, TX which is basically Mexico.  Long day but got home and we went straight to the pool to play with Caleb and the neighbors that turned into playing with 3 trouble maker boys out on our block.  Which then turned into Laura fixing some food for the energized and hungry boys as it got to be after 8pm.  Then after playing some more the boys crashed around 9 and we finally ate dinner.  Really enjoyed the community, such a good time of fellowship and I truly believe that is a glimpse of what it is to look like on a regular basis. 

Last Saturday:
1.  Warm up with push ups and DUs.  Then did 1 attempt at max DUs unbroken hit a huge PR:  100 unbroken DUs!
 2.  Nancy-
5 Rounds for time of:
400M run
15 OHS, 95#

Time:  16:36
@OHS:  Made huge gains, what helped me the most was catching the first rep in a squat snatch.  From that point on I dont know if it just positioned the weight differently over my head or what but I was able to go unbroken on rounds 3,4 and 5.  Whereas 1 and 2 were a struggle.  Form just keeps getting better and what I'm trying to do is change my form around to be comfortable and most effecient if I were to draw it out.  That idea when doing a lift is helping me mentally I believe. 

Sunday:  Late travel to Atlanta
Today: 
1.  75 HSPUs for time, starting with 20 DUs EMOTM. 
Time:  9:31, so 100 DUs
For a reference Dan Bailey does this in under 5 min I believe. 

2.  5 Rounds for time of:
400M Run
21 KB Swings(had to use 50# db)
12 Pullups

Time:  I think around 18:30, used the treadmill timer and it cleared when I stopped it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment