KUNKEL
Whew! Man it's been a crazy past 10 days or so. Last weekend, went chasing Axis deer with my Pops and it was a blast. We put some pretty good stalks on some axis and Pops got a couple of shots but no connection. Such a rush getting close to a group of animals without your wearabouts being known. When they bust you all you can do is be proud you were as close as you were. Got back from the hunt late Sunday, caught a 6am flight Monday morning to Park City UT. Monday was non-stop, ran in mid 30 degree mountain weather Tues and Wednesday. Tuesday was about a 7 miler since I got LOST! Wednesday did about 3.5 plus 50 burpees for time, altitude was getting to me.
Thurs: rested like a bum.
Today: Regional WOD 6 modified.
800M Run(not sure how it compares to 50 cal row)
50 Box Jump overs at 24"
50 Deadlifts at 185#(suck)
50 Wallballs at 10' with 20#
25 HSPUs(not sure if that hurt or helped compared to rx)
50 Wallballs
50 Deadlifts
50 Box Jumps
800M run
Time: 43:17
Pretty rough no doubt.
@PapaKlint: I'll tell you this, as this pregnancy progresses and you get to hold the prescious angel you will reach a point that being in shape and being healthy enough to dance/ wrestle/ out run/ out lift/ beat up potential boyfriends/ and physically push yourselves together will motivate you to stay in shape. I often dream about being able to physically do whatever Caleb wants to do, no matter my age. Even this past weekend chasing axis deer, I was thankful Dad and I can do that together. He's having a knee surgery(first of a couple all goo things) that will hopefully set him up to be able to hunt the mountains for years to come and I couldn't be more excited. to me it is more important for me to be physically capable to do things with my kids and Lord willing grandkids someday than to enjoy alcohol often, crappy food frequently and lazy couch potatoe days more than necessary. Hope this makes sense, any thoughts?
No comments:
Post a Comment