Thursday, May 15, 2014

5/15/2014

RIDGE

Today

4 rounds

8 deficit split squats holding 30# DBs
max ring rows to failure (17-16-15-14)
max push ups to failure (27-26-25-21)

21-15-9

deadlift @ 225#
hand release push ups
box jumps @ 24"
pull ups

9:36? 9:56? One of the two.

Yesterday

4 rounds

20 front rack lunges 95#
8 single arm bent row 55#
20 ghd sit ups

12-10-8
then rest 3 min
12-10-8

power cleans @ 115#
burpees

2:59, and final time 8:53

@Kunkel: I don't expect to hear from you for at least a few days, as your arms are probably still terribly sore from Meadows. That looked awful. Glad you only did one round - it would be very Kunkel-esque to do two rounds for fun.

@Europa Competition:

First workout was the bear complex plus the overhead squat. Second one was each member doing 3 rounds of 5 c2b pullups and 10 burpees to a plate, and after each member did that, remaining time left (10 min clock) was max bar muscle ups. Scores were totaled from 5 points for each bar muscle up, 1 point for toes to bar. Somehow, I cranked out 9 muscle ups, and then everyone went, then I finished with 3 before time expired. Very proud of myself there.

Next workout was 4 minutes of box jumps between a partner and I, while the other two were doing power snatches at 135#. Then we switched after 4 minutes. I forget our score, but it was a lot. I think we placed 2nd or 3rd in that one, and 2nd or 3rd in the pull up one. Last one was 10 minutes long, one movement done at a time before you move on. 50 double unders, 10 pistols, 5 power cleans @ 205, 5 front rack lunges @ 135#. We got 9 rounds and a 4 double unders, and my job was double unders all but one round. I helped out and got two rounds on the power cleans, but after the box jumps and double unders, my calves are mega shot. Very similiar to a workout I did not too long ago where I did 1500 double unders. Close to that sore.

@Podcast: Anyone here ever listen to Albert Mohler? Great stuff. If you have a few minutes, check out his "briefing" blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment