Monday, July 15, 2013

7/15/2013

FARRAR

Swim 1600m
33:58

Don't know how but actually enjoyed this swim

@ridge: I think we can make a med ball for $25. For sure if we buy in bulk. Kbell sounds like a great price though.  Your turning in to an old man: ac joint, now knee. Don't push too hard.

@cycle: thinking about limiting myself on the bike to 17 mph to prevent cramp fest 2013. Haven't ridden much and nervous about the consequence. Hopefully will get a ride in Thursday with some good miles.


KUNKEL
Well well well, mr Farrar has come to play!  Dude 1 mile swim in 33?!!! Stud right there!  I read that and the competitive juices began flowing as I immediately thought I'm in trouble!
Today: modified diane i believe
21,15,9 rep rounds of-
Dead lifts @205#
HSPU'S

Time: 10:48

Overtime: treadmill tabata:
10 rounds of 20 secs on and 10 off.  Had speed on 10 and incline on 3. Felt pretty good!
@strength post tri:  heck yea ridge!  Man it felt good to push some weight today and I came back told Laura, ill be glad to be done with these long workouts for this race!  I do love the endurance training but man it's hard on me with the time it takes.  Now granted I have not been doing the crossfit endurance stuff so that will change next time but I've just had some adjustments to make and these long ones should be over with.  Plus I gotta get back to the OHS and snatches!

Yesterday's WOD:  well I wanted to try out the changes to the bike and let me tell you I felt like an Olympian withing about 15 minutes, staying above 30mph and already having hit 36 mph I was convinced I'd win this race!  Then I reach then south end of the road where I turn around and ohh hey dummy, the wind hand just changed directions and been helping me out!  Needless to say for the next few miles I was reminded I'm an Olympic wannabe! What was funny is that there are two roads I go down for this 18 miler and both are pretty true south and predominately downhill to the south.  So usually I can avg above 20 mph going south into the wind cause its mostly downhill and going uphill with the wind at my back I'm usually around 16 mph.  Well yesterday with 20mph winds that all changed!  I did avg 17.1 mph so slower but no had to work mug harder and my legs felt great and got off and ran my 3.5 route with about a 7:35 avg split per mile.
It's gonna be tough but fun to push the body!

No comments:

Post a Comment