Monday, May 7, 2012

5/4/2012-5/6/2012

KUNKEL WOD: axis Mission: spot and stalk the elusive exotic, spotted, and easily spooked axis deer thanks to one Teddy Rosevelt in the desert terrain of south Texas! Outcome: failure with a lot of fun and fellowship with the bow hunting brethren!!! Content: We ran, crawled, walked, crept and ultimately chased these deer running in herds all over pastures ranging from 800 to 3000 acres on a ranch totaling 22k acres. It was hot, sweaty and we smelled aweful when all was said and done. 15 hunters, 1doe killed and found on te last morning! Axis are a blast to hunt and provide a real challenge on the Indian spot and stalk technique with a bow! It was amazing to watch such beautiful animals at a close distance without bein seen for as long as possible and to attempt to get within bow range. I shot and hit a buck in the antler believe it or not! Arrow stuck straight into te antler and I watches him run with my arrow standing parallel to his main beam, quit a freaky deal but that's bow hunting! Big shout out to my Pops, he took the last morning to test his long bow skills on varments!!! Talk about a true Cherokee, he took the real wooden stick and strig an shot a coon and 2 jack rabbits! One rabbit got the last laugh though as it ran off with his arrow!!! @God story: my favorite part of hunting is always the lessons God teaches me though his creation and the clear brain waves facilitated by being out in the creation. My learning: I often ask why did. This happen or actually try to discern the answer to why. However, I think the right question is, What is God preparing me for? I want to be ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment