AJ
10-9-8...2-1
Overhead Squats @ 75#
SDHP @ 75#
5:36
Very fast workout, my time was slowed down a bit due to losing control of the bar. Never a good idea to drop it from anywhere above the waist, esp. with only 15# plates on. Tops on the board at my gym were 5:06. Also worked on some heavy front squats.
@purchases: wayfair.com was where I bought my 70# kettlebell, which was < $100. The goal is to find a KB for a $/lb, and if you do or find one close to it, you're good. muscledriverusa.com also has a good selection, and if you look around long enough you can find a 10% off coupon I'm sure. 20# vest is sufficient, and also on my list. I have never done a workout rocking one, one of these days I'll try Murph with it, or if I really want to hate my body, Eva. As for med balls, rage fitness and power systems. I'm on their email list and get 10% off, free shipping, etc. emails ALL the time. May wanna sign up and see what deals they send you. $90 is a good goal for a 20# ball, or, you can find an old beat up basketball, fill it with sand, and wrap it with heavy amounts of duct tape until it measures 20# and about 14" diameter.
@Programming: Now that you're starting to focus on bar work, do you think you'll spend more time on met cons involving the snatches, cleans, etc. as opposed to the heavy running? I know the running is one of your strengths, and you're not gonna like hearing this, but at my cert they told me that whatever your weakness is, turn it into a strength and stop being a woman. So now I try to like burpees and shoulder press.
KUNKEL
30 HSPU'S, 2 MU'S
40 PULLUPS ON RINGS, 2 MU'S
50 KB SWINGS WITH 50# Dumbbell, 2 MU'S
60 TOES TO RINGS, 2 MU'S
70 BURPEES, 2 MU'S
TIME: 32:46 The 2 MU's after each really got me stalled. the first 2 were fine and the rest were with false grip and had between 3-5 failed attempts before getting the 2. It really tested me form, if my form slacked in the least bit the result was a failed attempt.
Overtime: 42 Unbroken DU's.
@Purchases: I talked to a guy today out of San Antonio that I'm gonna get a 53# KB and 20# Wallball from for $59 and $65 respectively. He's a fireman in SA that's getting shipments from Houston, anyways he'll be comign to Austin so I'm gonna connect with him this next week hopefully. I'm still gonna be on the look out for abmat and weight vest. Thanks for the info though, I've already shopped those sights and will be set up shortly.
@Programming: I absolutely do plan on spending more time on the bar and with snatches, cleans, deadlifts, OHS, SDHP, and anything I'm missing?
@Running: I'm planning on doing some running/ biking wods on non weight days or when I feel like I need an extra day because I still want to be able to do the races to test the endurance and compete.
@Being a woman:!!!: I feel like I've come to that conclusion in a round about way with your encoragment. For me the tipping point in my mind was thinking about my body not being balanced. That's the main reason I inquired about the core, because that is a weakness it's keeping me from progressing further, so if any person doesn't take a balanced approach they will platuea over and over with minimal long term growth?
No comments:
Post a Comment