Tuesday, January 10, 2012

1/10/2012

AJ

Partner "Murph"

1 mile run
100 pull ups
200 push ups
300 squats
1 mile run

Not sure how this will be partitioned, I am doing this at 5pm today as I needed time to sleep in from a late game last night :) Plus additional recovery from slicing thumb open with sharp knife from making paleo-approved stuffed pork tenderloin :(

Side note, I'm wrestling with free will and predestination. All my life "Christian" life I've been taught theology with an emphasis on predestination, and a little to hardly any of free will. I don't know if its something that I will ever to come a conclusion to and decide once and for all this is for me, but nonetheless, the "research" I'm doing is ultimately bringing me closer to Him and giving me more  of a reason to dive into scripture. Thoughts?

KUNKEL
AJ How was Murph?  I have done that once before and it was brutal, I will be doing it tomorrow.  Actually last time I did it I could barely walk home, which was a mile.  For that workout is it ok to mix the 3 exercises together, meaning if you can do 20 pullups, then drop and do 20 squats while resting the arms is that ok?  or are you suppose to stick to the exercise until completed? 
Today I wimped out and didn't do anything. 

On the Side Note:  I firmly believe that ultimately there are some Christ Following Concepts/ Principles that God has intended us not to understand fully, leaving him the all knowing.  My non educated thoughts on the two concepts at a very top level are as follows:  We have both, predestination determined by God and Free Will.  Somehow God has allowed the two to be balanced in some form or fashion, that which I cannot define.  However, I like that you're researching it and I look forward to hearing the further thoughts.

Farrar Theological Talk:  Mad Props and respect, you are walking the walk of Christ in your prayer.  Having a life saving conversation with family is always challenging and often avoided, but it's aparent that your faith in Jesus is enough that you are not shy to share it with anyone.  I pray that God gives you the words and softball toss of an opportunity to speak truth to your grandmother.

"Head Banger" results:  As to the question about the abs hurting, my soreness in the abs don't hold a candle to the reprecussions that have followed after a Knees to elbows or Toes to bar workout, not to say I'm not sore.   

God Story:  God is constantly reminding me that His approval is the only approval I need.  I constantly have sought approval of everyone and now i'm focusing on Loving God, regardless of the implications that may have on anyone around me, knowing he is in control of any responses generated.  Today, a office staffer made just that statement, "you have the look that you don't care what anyone thinks".  Nice to know God can use any situation with any intention to remind me what he is being taught.

AJ round two
Did "Murph" with another beast. We had opportunity to split it up however we wanted - I could run a mile and do 5 pull ups, and he could do the rest of it. Obviously not how we did, but you get it... so we each ran two 400m runs, then we each did 5 pull ups, then 10 push ups, then 15 air squats until we hit 100/200/300, then again each with two 400m runs. Only one partner could work at a time, that was essentially only rule. All that to say, we had best time on the board by 1 second at 24:08. Light workout tomorrow to rest up for total on Thursday.

@ Farrar Theological
Props to talking to family about your faith. I have struggled with that for YEARS and I find it so easy to "bring it up next time" or rely on living it out, but actually talking about it to those that you love and love you takes guts (in my opinion.) Praying for you.

@ God Story
Desiring the approval of others sucks... I am with you on it. Especially being where we are now in life, mid/upper 20s and, in some cases, surrounded by older, established (in their field) men. Be a rock in the office and let others see Christ in you

FARRAR
Partner Wrkout

Block 1
4 rounds
400m run while the other rows
(rowed 3000 meters)

Block 2
3 rounds
15 pullups while the other does Mt. Climbers
(240 Mt. Climbers)

Block 3
3 rounds
15 pushups while the other does bicycle kicks (abs)
(98 bicylce kicks)

Overtime
TABATA burpees

AJ
Human blood on your tenderloin doesnt make for a very good seasoning. And I am savoring a sweet bowl of ice cream as I am reading about your paleo diet agenda .  Yum!
Love to see sanctification in action.  Sovereignty and free will is a deep subject like Kunkel defined.  But for a quick thought (and a face to face conversation to come): I have found comfort with the philosophical/theological thought that God created you intricately with the personality and characteristics that define you. And He knows what the desires of your heart are.  So, when He gave someone the inspiration to create "the big green egg", he knew that you, one day, would freely make the choice to buy it and use it to smoke amazing pork butts. He didnt make you choose it; you freely chose it because you like it. Another example: He put all the ingredients in my life (people, places, things) that He knew would encourage me to choose TCU and one day meet an overly harry guy from Grapevine, have fellowship with, and have a deep conversation that is about Him and for Him.  Look forward to further convo....

Kunkel    
Love the Christ agenda in the office.  Encouraging to hear.
Also, I think it is weak to move on to the next lift before finishing the reps you are on..... thats all Im saying.
Plan on running some miles over the next few days?

No comments:

Post a Comment