Friday, August 31, 2012

8/31/2012

AJ

4x12
135# Deadlift
8 fast box jumps

then AMRAP 1 minute
135# Deadlift

32 reps

then
21-15-9
65# thrusters
burpee bar hops
toes to bar

9:30

First time I've squatted since I had 185# on my back at the competition a few weeks back. Quads are shaking... oh man. Hopefully to get back into it won't take too long.

@muscle-ups: Proceed with caution! This has happened to me and a few other guys - we get pain in our arms/elbows from overuse of muscle ups. I tried something similar to what you're doing, like going to failure several times a day, several times a week. Seemed like it did more harm than good. Your body may be totally different and I hope it is, but like I said, listen to your body and if it starts to feel uncomfortable and you want to try to muscle through it, only do it with caution. Just keep the rings in CLOSE to your body at all times, and when you fail, do so without the excuse of "I didn't kip hard enough."

@church: So the wife and I are on the church search. I met with the pastor of my old church and we discussed why we decided to leave, and I knew it'd be fine and it was - he's such a great guy and its hard to leave him and family, but we had to do whats best for the Ridgeways. So, prayer request - find a loving church that we can call home!

KUNKEL
For time:
800M run, 100 pull ups
800M run, 100 KB swings 55#
800M run, 100 DU's
800M run, 100 Over Head Squats 45# bar

Time: 44:28

@MU's:  thanks for the heads up I will definitely tread lightly. 
@Church:  will be praying, that must be a tough transition. 
@Prayer Request:  we're looking to start a small group with people we don't know in our neighborhood by putting a flyer up and we're pretty nervous about it! We're trying to put the flyer up tomorrow!

Here's Wednesday's WOD and Thursday was a mow day. 

Part 1: 15 MU's for time- 3:33, 13 of them were dead hang and last 2 were false grip. 
Part 2:  For Time-

25 Walking lunge steps
20 pull ups on rings
50 box jumps, 24 inches
20 DU's
25 Ring dips
20 Knees to elbows
30 KB swings, 55#
30 Situps
20 Hang squat cleans, 35# dumbells
25 Superman extensions
30 Wall Balls
3 MU's

Time:  20:57

No comments:

Post a Comment