Monday, August 26, 2013

8/26/2013

RIDGE

Back to school!

The Ridge's are in fact doing the half! We're both excited, and even more excited for maximum hang out/fellowship too. Thanks for offering to open up the house for us; us and the Farrar's will figure something out for carpooling and all that at some point soon. Right now on the agenda is training for it, and that started yesterday. Technically, it started saturday night, as I was watching some POSE videos on a DVD I have. Got the mirror out and everything, but only briefly spent some time on it. Definitely didn't spend enough time, because...

Sunday:

4 mile run

Finished in about 34-35 minutes, so 8 and change pace? What was an absolute killer was working on my POSE technique AS I was running. That was probably not a great idea. My calves are tender to the touch today, and I feel like I did everything wrong. Heel-toe is SO much more easier for me, but proven to be way wrong. I'm not in a HUGE dilemma as I prep for the half, but I'm leaning toward going with what I know to work for me NOW, then after the half, improve the form and spend much more time on it.

Then today's workout, which probably wasn't a great idea given the calf situation

Kunkel's from 8/6

One mile run
"Randy" - 75 power snatch @ 75#
one mile run

Unfortunately, I did not look at Kunkel's post very well - he spent 3 minutes before/after Randy. I did not. So here's the breakdowns

First mile: 7:31
Randy: 7:00
2nd mile: 9:05
Total: 23:36

Calves are a burnin!

Hope you guys are off to a great start of the week. Praying that you guys are lights in a fallen world. Watching the MTV Video Music Awards reminded me how sin is so prevalent in today's world.

No comments:

Post a Comment