Friday, August 2, 2013

8/2/2013

RIDGE

And it starts... football season, in  my world, kicks off in about an hour. Meetings and camp, then practice, then in-service, then first day of school. Back to life and reality!

Loved the message I heard the other Sunday at the Village. Lots of CS Lewis quotes were mentioned, and while I can't quote it verbatim, what I took away from it was true joy is met when it is shared. Praise is the same idea. Why do we praise? Why do we sing? Why do we share the gospel with such joy? Example: If I have the best steak in the world, the best I've EVER had, I want to tell people about it. If absolutely no one is around to share that steak with, I'm pretty bummed. Same concept with the gospel: if there isn't anyone else around to share it with, I'm bummed. I'm bummed when God doesn't hear me sing or rejoice.

Wednesday's:

"Annie"

50-40-30-20-10
Double unders
ab mat sit ups

5:42

Thursday:
w/ 50# Dumbbells
200m farmers cary
10 thrusters
20 step ups
10 push pulls
20 one arm alt snatch
10 burpees
20 one arm alt snatch
10 push pulls
20 step ups
10 thrusters
200m farmers carry

all done with 2 DBs unless otherwise noted

22:25. DOOZY

Today's, about to be done

15min amrap

135#
5 hang clean
7 front squat
10 deadlift
300m run

@Kunkel: Great job on the WODs and the PR! I've been practicing my muscle ups and trying to go non-false grip. AFter watching Fronining do them in the games comp, it was really inspiring, given how efficient he is with them - after all those previous workouts. Yes, I may have a man crush on him and no, I don't care if you know that.

No comments:

Post a Comment