Wednesday, March 26, 2014

3/26/2014

RIDGE

Catch up from past couple days

Monday

Bench press work 10 down to 2 by evens, back up the ladder
135-155-185-195-205
Then Kunkel's workout from last week or so
800m run
25 burpees
50 kb swings @ 53#
25 burpees
800m run

11:48? Could be 12:48, I forget. Either way, I did not expect to be this smoked. Running hasn't happened in a VERY long time, and this caught me off guard for sure. Could be my own fault for going unbroken on the kettlebell swings. Felt good, felt like I could keep moving, but might have done more harm than good.

Tuesday

5 rounds of
5 push press @ 165#
10 push ups immediately after, then rest
then
400m run
30 unbroken thrusters @ 65#
400m run
30 unbroken thrusters @ 65#
rest until the 9:00 mark
then 5 rounds of :30 on/:30 off max burpees
(running total) 43

Today

15 squat clean thrusters @ 115#
15 pull ups
15 squat clean thrusters @ 135#
15 burpees
15 squat clean thrusters @ 155#
15 burpee box jumps

11:41

Legs are already feeling it from the thrusters. Can you tell what my programmer is getting us ready for? Hint: burpees and thrusters. Did this in class with a great atmosphere - people encouraging, working out with people as opposed to be myself. I'm sure you, Kunkel, understand where I'm coming from. Makes every kind of workout less painful when you have people around you.

@IronHorse: Glad you were able to get in a workout at a box. They have a trainer there, Candice Ruiz, who has gone to the games a few times I think. I have seen games competitors compete in person maybe once or twice, but its like watching high school football for hours and hours, then going to see the NFL players play. The comparison is crazy. Speaking of football

@7on7: Glad you were able to get out there and tear it up! Without tearing an ACL or having a back flare up. I guess the skills taught as Aledo Bearcats stay with you over the years

No comments:

Post a Comment