Thursday, April 19, 2012

4/19/2012

AJ
AMRAP 9 minutes
1 deadlift (315#)
1 toes to bar
1 burpee
2 deadlift
2 toes to bar
2 burpees
ascending until time goes out

I did 5 full rounds, 6 deadlift and 1 toes to bar. Good gosh that was just stupid. 315#?!? Why couldn't someone talk me out of that. Back is shot for the rest of the day for sure, and probably in to the weekend. Tomorrow is 30 muscle ups for time... should be interesting. I think a great time is sub 10, good time is sub 14. Can you string any together yet? I did 4 today when my kids were begging me to show them a few.. PR!

@Rest/recovery schedule: That is the glory in the programming. One of the best aspects of the gym is that they do the programming, so its catered to every athlete in the gym so that every day isn't absolutely brutal on the body... one day may suck (eva or filthy 50), the next may be light on the legs, the next heavy running. Monday thru Friday, if following a solid box's programming, can be accomplished. That being said, I feel like rule #1 is listen to your body. If I need a rest day because the previous day's workout totally obliterated me, then I rest. More often than not, I reserve Sunday as my rest day if I haven't had one throughout the week, as its common to go 5-6 days in a week. As I'm finding out now though, sleep is beyond pivotal!

@iron man: Even attempting an iron man, or training for one, is something to be proud of. I'd love to have that kind of desire and time, but its just not in the cards! Big props to you guys for doin that.

Have you guys seen the regional competitions for the CrossFit games? We have one guy at our gym who is 4th in the region, and judging by these workouts he has a good shot at moving on.

CrossFit Regional WODs (wfs)

@God story: My prayer for you guys is to continue being Godly men around our wives - in thought, action, vocally, in private, everything. Long story short, guy that we know who was Mr. Right (everyone considered him the standard for girls to date... "if you could date a guy like him, you'd be allright.") has turned into Mr. Wrong. Left his wife, lost his faith, had everything that was great going for him fall apart. Knowing that it happened to him is scary.

FARRAR

Sorry I have been MIA. Life is happening and have not been able to set time aside for a workout. Mel and I worked out Tuesday. Did Kunkels workout from Monday except substituted pullups with dips on a park bench. Forgot the watch at home and did not keep time. Next workout will likely be sat. Have another Bach party tonight and date night with Mel tomorrow night.

@dinner in dallas, we have a wedding in godley sat night this weekend. Let's set a date and put in on the calendar Ridge to grab a bite one evening. I believe next Friday night is good for us. Thoughts?

@saddle, what are ya thinking is contributing to discomfort on the bike. Lack of time on it or do u think ur body has changed?

KUNKEL

REST DAY, but did mow and shoot lots of arrows.
@315, beast mode, that weight makes me want to cry!
@MU's I have done 3 in a row multiple times so I hope I can string 10 of those together tomorrow.
@ironman,let's be clear: there is a giant difference in ironman and what I'm doing here. Ironman is like the NASCAR circuit and I'm like on the kiddy park where we only race electric gocarts!!! I just wanted to reference a great sport (NASCAR, that is)!!!
@regionals I have not but I'll check it out for sure. I had fun when I watched the competition in Austin and would like to go I another one.
@god story: I like the prayer and mr Farrar brought of a great reminder over a year ago, we have to proactively fight for our marriage, and a little fear in our own selves messing things up is ok because we have to trust Jesus for it to be done "right"!
@farrar, you are a professional socialite my friend! There's just not enough Klint to go around! Honesty though you are a great example o missional living, you build relationships and keep them to glorify the gospel, kudos sir.
@saddle, I have no idea what my deal was but I'm going to the tri shop tomorrow to check into it. I better not walk away from that store with a tribike is all I know!

No comments:

Post a Comment