Monday, April 23, 2012

4/23/2012

AJ

WOD from 4/20:

30 muscle ups for time
9:52

Both hands have that rip along the wrist. Thank you false grip. Took that pic just for you guys, do whatever you'd like with it! I did them on the wooden rings, which was a change of pace. I got 6 out of the gate, which was a PR, but later on regretted that because it was singles after that. It literally took me all of Saturday and Sunday to recover - shoulders, hips, chest, and back were all sore.

Todays WOD

AMRAP 25 minutes
3 hang power cleans @ 165#
5 hand release push ups
10 walking lunges holding 35# dumbbell each hand
*completion of every 3 rounds = 50 double unders*

I did 15 full rounds, plus the DUs, plus 3 lunges.

@Cycling/running: Do you change shoes when you go from bike to run? Once the X miles are done on the bike, do you immediately go into running, or take a few minutes to stretch and recover... or your third step on the ground/off the bike is a jog?


FARRAR

No workout yesterday or today.  I am getting ROCKED by allergies.  Congestion, sneezing, eyes matted shut, cant sleep, lips tingling....... not healthy.  All this even after taking some drugs.  I have a dr appointment Friday to get this crap figured out.  All that to say, I am in no condition to put any more strain on my body much less do any outside training. I am bummed I have not been able to prepare better for the tri this week, but it is what it is.  Trying to focus on just making it a good time and not focusing on breaking any records.

Never-the-less, I plan on swimming tomorrow if it doesnt feel like I will be sloshing the crap around in my head.

Wicked blisters yall are getting from the rings.

@cycling/running: you do change shoes from your cycling shoes to your running shoes.  Transition between the two is supposed to be pretty quick.  A good athlete will make it in 30 to 45 sec.  But you can take your time and recupporate between events.

@Sun wrkout: so you didnt answer me.... did you get a new bike or what?

@blood flow: I think the main problem is just the saddle on my butt.  Even after all the work I put in to get this saddle.  Need to look into a new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment