KUNKEL
Warm up: 1:15:00 walk with the family to enjoy the beautiful weather!
Secondly, got a bit reckless getting the rings set up and accidentally swung the strap buckle right on the top of my skull. Had some blood but only a small cut, thankfully!
12.3 games WOD
Had to make some tweaks logistically.
18 minute AMRAP
15 box jumps, 25.75"
12 push press, 115#
9 toes to rings
7 rounds, 15 box jumps
AJ
Hellacious workout. One you guys would love I think....
For time
50 double unders
30 squat clean + thruster @ 95#
10 pull ups
20 squat clean + thruster @ 95#
20 pull ups
10 squat clean + thruster @ 95#
30 pull ups
50 double unders
16:51
Did 5 squat clean thrusters at a time the whole way through, thinking that's the best way to go. Very tough workout.
@2nd Games wod: I did it and got 63 reps. Tops at my gym were like 74 I think?
@Open WOD's: Good job on the modified workout Kunkel. I hate having to improvise and modify workouts, but it sounds like you did a good job. Did you guys go games standard box jumps? Those suck. Usually they're a strength for me but coming to complete vertical at the top of the box is new to me. I love how these workouts do such a great job of seperating the boys from the men, especially from workout to workout. First one loaded with burpees, then a difficult movement like snatch, and then the 18 min AMRAP... One more reason why I love CrossFit.
@Fatigue: I think that, for now, I have more cardio fatigue than muscle. The walls I hit are almost always a mix of both, but the big struggle for me is convincing myself that I CAN keep going... not dropping the bar, not letting go of the bar for pull ups, quicker transition, whatever. Its like I need that extra gear... does that make sense?
@God story: Kunkel glad you brought up the expectations and standards that we as Christians should hold ourselves to. Do ya'll find it difficult holding others to the same standards? Example, my coworker (who isn't *quite* a Christian, goes to church but thats about it) went through a divorce and made very poor decisions during the process... I want to tell him how God views marriage and things he did/didn't do was totally wrong, but he couldn't wrap his head around why he was wrong in some of his decisions.
And on that note, wife and I are going outta town for Spring Break - Las Vegas! Going to try to do some CrossFitting while I'm there, they have 2 locations that are a lil off the strip but we'll see.
No comments:
Post a Comment