Friday, March 9, 2012

3/9/2012

FARRAR

AMRAP in 18 min

15 24" box jumps
12 push press 100lbs
9 toes to bar

(6 full rounds on the dot)

Push press murdered me. On round 2 I could only do 6 before dropping weight. And I only did 100lbs. Did have a slight delay between push press and toes to bar due to the distance between stations. Good wod

KUNKEL

12.2 WOD
"the snatch" AMRAP 10min
30 snatches, 75#
30 s, 135#
30 s, 165#
? S, 210#

I got 60 total reps. Now this was my first attempt at a snatch and I practiced for a bit before I started the WOD and I am really weak at this true movement. I could do the 75# by leaning on my upper body but when the lower body counted I got in trouble. I don't have the flexibility to squat under the weight so I had to try and throw the weight all the way to the top with a slightly bent knee. At the 135# round I only got 4 all the way to the top and the rest were cleaned, then push pressed to the top. Not sure if that counts but it's all I had.

On a funny note, with the last rep I drilled myself under the chin with the bar and made my teeth rattle!!! It almost made me miss the last rep but barely snuck it in there!

@farrar, nice work!!! What seemed to be the toughest part? T2B seem to be sneaky at making the body more fatigued than expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment