Thursday, March 29, 2012

3/29/2012

AJ

23 minutes even on yesterday's WOD. It wasn't even the best time on the board either... Best was 22:16 I think? So many things are sore right now, but I earned a day off and may just do some rowing at my school later on.

@nasty girls: Tough tough wod. Especially if you don't have muscle-ups down. Which do you prefer, false grip or normal grip? I dont know if the term is neutral or normal, but I just got my non-false grip muscle up today.

@Klint: You better be sick b/c you havent posted since your trip and you were all jazzed about tearing up Kunkel's and mine's WODs.

KUNKEL

P90X Ab-ripper x and a quick run to stay loose, 26:48 time. Not sure how far though.

@muscle up grip, I like both but for different reasons. False grip is awesome when I get it because it feels so much easier. My only struggle with it is consistency and not feeling comfortable locking my elbows out at the bottom, for a true rep. For the normal grip, I like that it feels similar to a muscle ups on a bar. either way the movement is difficult and I think mastering it will give me an edge in many ways: fast time on WODs that include them, most people seem to struggle with them(competitive edge), it should mean my core is tight and stout for other Olympic movements, and there seems to be much upper body strength gained when the movement can be incorporated into any WOD.
@AJ, for real you are straight getting it! Hopefully I can try to chase you on a WOD soon.
@klint!!!! Dude we got the tough mudder in less than 36 hours, where you at?

No comments:

Post a Comment