AJ
3 rounds
800m run
10 DB squat clean @ 50#
10 chest to bar pull ups
10 wall ball
18:30ish
Legs feel great, running form sucks. My calves are tight everytime following a run, and something needs to change I think. But pleased to be back in it with minimal pain in the knees.
@recap: I think different strokes for different folks. Some athletes are natural runners; their training program may not need the additional crossfit/time in the gym to be in shape for a marathon. However, the goal of CrossFit is essentially a jack of all trades, master of none. The guy who runs a phenomenal marathon probably can't squat his body weight more than 10 times, and the guy who benches 600 probably can't run a mile in under 10. (I know there are extreme cases but you get the point :) )Your met-cons were definitely long enough so that your body can handle the 20min+ workouts, and in return, be prepared for the run. Short durations, sub-10 min WODs probably won't prepare someone for a half like a "Motor Runnin'" and "Murph" met-con. A must I think we can all agree on, is that CrossFit ALONE cannot make someone go out and do a marathon without any running.
Just my two cents, for what its worth!
No comments:
Post a Comment