AJ
Competition Workout
12.2
AMRAP in 10 minutes
75# power snatch - 30 reps
135# power snatch - 30 reps
165# power snatch - 30 reps
210# power snatch - amrap
I got 63 reps. If you watch the videos posted on the main site, they took breaks at 10 @ 75#, 5 @ 135#, and 3 @ 165#. I regretfully didn't take a break at all during the 75#, and from then on it was singles. GOOD LUCK GUYS.
Then
3 rounds
500m row
50 ab mat sit ups
50 double unders
EMOTM for 6 minutes
1 165# power snatch
@CrossFit prep for Marathon: Kunkel I wanna hear your thoughts on that too. I've met a few guys where they ran maybe 2-3 times a week and did crossfit 5-6 days a week, and cranked out a full marathon.
FARRAR
30 Overhead Squats 65lbs
800m run
30 hang cleans 95lbs
800m run
30 Overhead Squats 45lbs
800m run
30 hang cleans 95 lbs
800m run
(26:48)
Overtime
75 double unders
I had to go really light on overhead squats. I haven't ever really done these and my back is really weak with weight over my head. Had to drop the second set to make sure I can roll out of bed in the morning.
@You are a testament that xfit and minimal miles can prepare you well for a race. On the other hand, I haven't had as good of an experience in regards to the Waco Tri and cowtown. My cardio was well conditioned but my legs and overall endurance is lacking. I'm not sure if it is a function of training or if I am truly reaching a physical threshold. I hope it is inadequate training so I can step up to the plate, train effectively, and dominate you one of these days. :). But to add to it, Mel from her endurance experience and PT background is not a believer in only doing xfit then tackling a half iron man. I am going to keep training xfit style parallel to you to see a full year of results and decide from there. Plus, I like speed over LSD anyways. Much torture to come!
@good job Ridge! Those guys on the xfit video are machines. 210 snatch......ballers
KUNKEL
"7 minutes in heaven!"
97 total burpees
Very humbling considering the girls in the video were both well above 100.
@ crossfit getting you in shape for distance? 1st off, not a testament. I got lucky. I previously I was very skeptical to the idea that people can train minimal time through xfit endurance and weight training and go crank out an ironman. Now... I think it takes a hybrid. I feel like if I didn't run that 10 miles, 4 weeks out I would have not come close to the finish I had. Not saying that 10 mile run put me in shape, but it did give me that trial run At that distance and time moving so in the race I felt comfortable mentally. I do feel that the xfit workouts with the sprints mixed in are the happy medium for me currently. All the 400's and 800's mixed into the weight workouts allowed me to get used to running fatigued I think. Also the xfit workouts have all been as fast as possible, keeping the heart rate really high for the duration of the workout and the majority of the workouts were 30 to 50 minutes at a time. Whereas the race was at a steady pace, trying to maintain a steady heart rate. At the end of the day, what do I know. Thoughts on my recap?
No comments:
Post a Comment